Fall Flowers
Friday, December 21, 2007
Cookies, Cookies, Cookies!
Yesterday I was in the kitchen making 6 dozen cookies for a cookie exchange my bible study was having, when the phone rang. It was E and he sounded a little nervous. He had just been to a meeting about the Christmas party at work and he had told everyone I would make cookies for it. I asked him how many and he said I could make as many as I wanted. (Translation: They need a lot, but I don't want to ask my wife to make a lot because she already made 12 dozen last weekend.) Okay, fine, I'll do it, I said. Then he takes a deep breath and says so-and-so gave me a gift and I don't know what to do about it. Would you mind making more cookies to give away to everyone in my office? So, because I love my husband so much I have made 25 dozen cookies in the last two days. That's 300 cookies. The good news is that I never want to see another cookie again, so maybe there will be some weight loss as a bonus. I hope everyone is having a great start to their holiday and you aren't spending the whole time baking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh my gosh Lana!! You are a super Mom and super wife!!
Ha! It's like the commercial where the kid comes home and says he needs cupcakes for his class at school -- for the NEXT DAY!! You are such a good wife! Hope you and your boys have a Merry Christmas!
I want to know what kind they were.
Just getting caught up--wonderful of you to be the BEST wife in the world! I don't even know if I could humanly make 25 dozen cookies!! Store-bought dough anyone?! Happy New Year!
Post a Comment