
Why is it that Sunday mornings, the day of the week that is supposed to be the most restful and holy, is always the craziest time of the week? Generally anything that might go wrong to keep us from making it to church on time does. I'm usually sweaty and exhausted by the time we're all in the car. Thankfully the munchkins always look adorable dressed up for church. This next week I will try (try!) to be more prepared and relax, because really by now everyone is
used to us being late every Sunday.
4 comments:
I'm sure we're about to find ourselves in the "always late for church" category when Grady arrives. I think it's something every family experiences!!
L, GG and I have undoubtedly had the most fights in our marriage on the way to church!! Talk about being late and being very angry! :)
We've really tried, though, to take measures to help remedy the situation. The whole family knows we have to be out the door by a certain time. I'm timekeeper and give a countdown every-so-often to keep all in check... It's definitely gotten pretty intense, but we haven't been fighting, so I think its working! :)
Tanner and I were staying with my parents this weekend and my sister was also in town. Seeing how much I had to go through just to get Tanner and myself ready to go, my sister said, "How did Mom ever do it with four kids?"
"That's why she yelled all the way to church every week," I said. I can just remember the drive to church each week:
"I get no help around here!"
"We're always late!"
"You kids have got to start getting yourselves ready!"
Jon and I are used to being late every week -- this happened even before we had a baby!
Sorry girl! We live next door, and we're still always running behind schedule. But I'm sure you remember how that is.
Love your blog. Miss you guys a ton, and I'm so proud of O for the "uh oh!" Ethan hasn't said that one yet.
Anna
Post a Comment