Fall Flowers

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Broken?

I just realized I hadn't blogged about another big event at our house.  The day before school started I took the boys up to school to the teacher meet-and-greet.  After we met the teachers, the boys were playing on the playground and O fell, hurting his arm.  I knew something was really wrong because he was crying the "serious injury cry," but I wasn't sure how serious.  Too make a long story short, we decided to take him to the ER that evening.  They did x-rays, but didn't think it was broken.  On Thursday, one of the orthopedic docs called and wanted to look at his arm.  So, Friday morning I took him in and after the exam, the dr. still wasn't sure if it was broken, but after I started laughing when he asked me if we would be able to keep O from moving a lot, he decided to cast it.  O seemed to immediately feel better after the cast, and was back to his old mischievious self.  We go back next week, to reevaluate.  A very exciting first week of school!

1 comment:

Teacher-Mom said...

What a crazy way to start off the school year! Glad it wasn't too serious and it should heal quickly. Happy Birthday to S! What a cool birthday party- I love Harry Potter!