Fall Flowers

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

26.2

This past weekend we went to Jacksonville, Florida so that I could run the 26.2 with Donna Marathon. I haven't previously posted about training or anything because I was a little worried I might not finish. I am very thankful I did finish and I can now mark that particular item off of my life goal list. Today is Wednesday and I feel great except for the terrible sunburn I ended up with. Walking along the St. John River on Saturday morning.
Playing at the beach on Saturday.

I could spend all day walking along the beach collecting shells. I don't know what it is about the "search" but it's so much fun. The beach we went to had quite a few bigger shells and we were almost the only ones there. It was very relaxing.






2 out of 3 of my cheering crew! E was a huge support the day of the race and during training. He had to keep the two little monkeys occupied for quite a while on Sunday while Mommy ran and I really appreciate it!




I was very happy to see my 3 boys at mile 20! It was a huge morale boost.





With my medal and a cup of soup (I was starving!) after the race. Thank you to everyone who was praying for me during the race and leading up to the race. Really and truly I only made it through with the Lord's strength.






3 comments:

Teacher-Mom said...

OMG Lana, I can't believe it! I am so proud of you!! What an amazing accomplishment. I just can't believe that you've been keeping this a secret. Keep it up girl! :)

Carolina Girl said...

Way to go Lana!!!! You do rock!!
I just don't know if I could do that!

Isn't it so awesome to set a goal and work towards it and accomplish it?? Marking things off of your life goal list is great!!

B-Mama said...

Lana, I'm so behind on blogging thanks to Lent! Awesome job on this--you look amazing and what a great goal overcome!! Looks like you all had a great time. Congratulations! Proud of you!