Fall Flowers

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Calli

This past Wednesday we lost a dear member of our family. Calli had been suffering with seizures that had been growing in frequency and strength for the past 6 months. The vet had put her medication to try and control them, but it only helped a little. While we were in Tennessee for E's spring break the vet called and told us she had gone into cardiac arrest and passed away. The vet thinks she had cancer that had moved into her brain and was causing the seizures. We are thankful that she didn't really suffer but we miss our Calli dog. She was such a wonderful dog; always so happy to see us. We'll always miss her big doggie smiles.

4 comments:

aimee said...

Oh no. I am so sorry. She was such a sweet and precious dog. I know she will be missed.

Teacher-Mom said...

Oh Lana, that makes me want to cry. I have pictures of Calli and Gracie playing together and running down the trail. She was a such a good doggie. Hugs to all of you! I know she's in doggy heaven now.

Carolina Girl said...

Oh Lana! I'm typing through the tears on this one. Calli girl was a GREAT dog! The best, hands down.
So sad to hear this news.

B-Mama said...

Lana!!! I'm SO sorry to hear about Calli girl. You all must be devastated. Custer sends a lick in honor of all the good romps they shared. He is definitely slowing down a bit--it seems like just yesterday they were young pups. What a sweet girl she was--we will remember all the good times. Blessings and hugs to you all!