Today is S's 5th birthday, his first day of kindergarten, and his first day to ride the bus! I think it is almost too much for him, and it's definitely too much for his mama. Tears were shed as the bus pulled away (by me), but I know he is going to have a blast this year because that's the kind of kid he is. It is hard to believe that S is 5 now. It seems like we were just bringing him home from the hospital. He is growing into such a sweet, smart, entertaining, imaginative boy. I can't wait to see what sort of person he will continue to grow into.

A gentle wake-up by Daddy.
Walking to the bus stop.


Two sweet boys, stopping for 2 seconds for a pic.

Here's the bus!

And there he goes. . .Thankfully today is his birthday, so I can take snacks up to the school for his class. This means in about an hour I will be going to his class and will able to see that he made it to school safely! (Huge sigh of relief.)
3 comments:
What a big day for Mr. S! Hope everything went well and enjoyed kindergarten and riding the bus. I think that's one of Joey's favorite parts of school so far! Hard to believe our big boys are starting their school careers...it will go sooo fast from here on out.
Oh Lana!!
I would have been full of tears watching him ride away on the bus too!
What a relief that you were able to go up to see him a few hours later.
It looks like he was ready to go!
Lana, I guess I thought he was still 4... He and Emma will graduate together. He looks SO BIG! A school bus and everything!
Post a Comment