Adoption Update: This is less of an update and more of a confession. We have been given the green light to start working on our dossier, which is more paperwork but it's more complicated and specific (i.e. easier to mess up) this time. So here's my confession: sometimes I'm a doubter. Even after God has shown me time and again that he's taking care of things. The last couple of days have been hard. Partly because the dossier paperwork is daunting. And partly because my heart aches for all the children that are waiting on families!
So, my usual pattern is that I freak out about something for way longer than necessary, then I eventually think, "Oh yeah, I should pray about this." I pray and then God provides. Today, I was specifically freaking out about our medical letters. We went to our hospital this afternoon because we each have to have a note signed by our dr. stating that we are healthy. That would not be too hard, but the letter has to be notarized, as in a notary has to watch the dr. sign the letter and then notarize it, at the same time. After calling the hospital several times and not getting anywhere, we decided to just stop by and talk to a few people. They tell us the letter is no problem, but we don't have a notary here, but we'll try to help somehow. They were very nice about it, but it was upsetting because it seemed like there might be multiple hoop-jumping in our future and a sense of impossibility of even being able to get it done. But wait! I'd forgotten, again, that God is leading us through all of this. So we finish talking to the receptionist and the man that is standing behind us quietly tells us that he works at the hospital and is a notary and he'll notarize whatever we need! Amazing! What are the chances that the one "secret" notary would be standing right behind us. Why do I doubt? Ever?
5 comments:
Ooh, this gave me goose bumps!
I'm the same way...my first response is to worry/freak out...
I pray that one day, my first response will be to pray!! And trust!
Thank you for sharing with us!
Oh Lana! That's amazing and brought tears to my eyes! We are praying for you during this process. There may be many bumps in the road, but hold fast for He is good and it will all work out.
Awesomeness. I love how God works out the details even when we are frantic... Thank you, Lord!!! We will continue to pray for this process for you all. xo
Of course we all let the details push prayer out of our minds for a little while, but don't forget that so many of us are praying for you and your family (and your newest addition!) daily, hourly. The burden of prayer is not just on you. Thanks for sharing this cool reminder that He is taking care of things. Love you! Please keep us informed on specific prayer needs.
Anna
Lasso the Moon
I LOVE THIS!!! God is so faithful, isn't he?
As my mom would say, "It's not ODD, it's GOD!!" :)
Post a Comment