
Fall Flowers
Monday, July 13, 2009
HFM Disease
O has been struck with a case of hand-foot-mouth disease. This is the first time either of the boys have had it and so I wasn't familiar with the symptoms. When we noticed O wasn't drinking anything we knew something was going on because he is a large beverage consumer. Then we noticed he had what looked like blisters on his diaper-area, hands, feet and in his mouth. He is miserable! Poor baby is crying a lot, won't eat, hardly drinks and wants to be constantly held. Today we have been able to get fluids down him by using a medicine syringe. So now that he's not dehydrated we're not as worried, just tired from all the crying and miserableness. Thankfully, E has been home a lot so we can take shifts with him. 

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh Lana! Poor O and poor rest of the family. I hope he starts to feel better soon. Is there any treatment for it? Or does it just have to run its course?
Feeling for you all here in TX
Hey girl - I am so sorry to hear this! Having a sick kid is NO FUN! My prayers and thoughts are with you guys! We miss you all!
I'm so sorry! Payton had this when she was two. We were going to the beach. It was awful!!! Hang in there and he will feel better soon. I'm praying for you guys.
Post a Comment