Fall Flowers

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Mystic

I am falling in love with this part of the country. I love having mountains and forests around and still being within a few hours of the ocean. We decided to go to a beach in Watch Hill, Rhode Island, mostly because I'd read that RI has beautiful beaches. Watch Hill is a gorgeous, little town surrounded by the water. I would happily retire there! (If only we had millions of dollars.)

Is anything more relaxing than lying on a beach listening to the waves and gulls?



Burying S. He loves this!





Flying a kite, which is always a beach must for us.



After our morning at the beach, we had a picnic, then headed into Mystic. This is one of my favorite ways to spend an afternoon. I love wondering through quaint towns, browsing through shops, and if there's coffee involved, it's a perfect day.



Standing on the Mystic Drawbridge. The boys were fascinated by the way the bridge worked. We were able to see it go up and down several times.































We ended our day with dinner at Mystic Pizza! I have never seen the movie, but I'm going to have to watch it, knowing it was filmed in Mystic and written about the restaurant.




















1 comment:

B-Mama said...

Looks lovely! So glad you all are getting to venture to some quaint spots. They look perfect for a quick getaway! xo