Fall Flowers

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

7-Month One Complete

We have a lot of big things happening around here that I will be sharing over the next week, but first a little catch up.  I had some of our 7 group over to celebrate the end of month 1 and talk about month 2. (On a side note, why in the world can't I ever just stand normally in a photo?!?!)

I am happy and relieved that month 1 has come to an end.  It was hard, but I'm so glad I did it.  I feel like I have come out of this so much more thankful and filled with gratitude for all that I have.  I have a new appreciation for what it feels like to be hungry.  Not that this month compares in any way to what the millions starving around the world feel, but I can understand a little bit better. And after eating whatever I wanted Saturday and Sunday, I've come to realize that no matter how healthy I thought I was eating before, it still wasn't healthy enough.  Sugar is bad for me!  So now I'm actually still eating 7 for breakfast and lunch (except I'm not limiting fruits and vegis) and then eating a non-7 dinner. 

So October 1st our group started month 2 which is wearing only 7 items of clothing for 4 weeks.  We modified this a little bit because there are several of us that work out daily.  One of us (not me!) is even training for a marathon, which means a lot of sweat.  So here is my 7 list:
1.  1 pair of jeans
2.  1 pair of stretchy pants (I just bought these pants a few months ago because I have a pair of bright blue sweatpants that E hates and I wanted to replace them with something.  These are soooo comfy and they have a lace pocket and a lace bow on the front, so we have named them my Fancy Pants.)
3.  solid grey t-shirt
4.  striped t-shirt
5.  long-sleeved t-shirt
6.  running shoes and brown flats
7.  2 workout outfits (This is what we altered.  We said if you want, one of your items can be 2 full (shirt and pants/shorts) workout outfits.)
We also agreed that outerwear will be a freebie, but only if necessary and we can't be excessive about it.  I think this is a good call because last October we had a blizzard!

So these are the items I will be wearing for the next month.  I feel like this will be a fairly easy month for me especially after last month.  Although after having rain here all day yesterday I've realized sometimes it will just be annoying. There were several times I had to pop my shirt in the dryer instead of just putting on a clean one.  But then I think to myself that I'm just thankful that I have a shirt and a dryer I can put it in.

No comments: