Fall Flowers

Friday, October 5, 2012

Big News

A couple of weeks ago, I posted a picture of this Africa painting that I made, but if you look at it now, you'll see that there are 2 hearts instead of just one.  And that's because we're starting another adoption!  I'll try to make this explaination short and to the point, although more than likely it will end up being long.

For the last few months we'd been hearing that adoptions from Ethiopia were slowing down a lot and we finally heard officially about a month ago that our timeline would be doubling.  Of course this frustrated and saddened us, but we know it's all happening for a good reason.  Meanwhile our pastor had just come back from adopting 2 girls from the Ukraine and gave a sermon about their adoption that wrecked E and I.  I left the service feeling like we needed to do something to help orphans now. 

Enter my friend M who is adopting 2 little boys from DRC with an amazing non-profit that helps people through the DRC adoption process and does a ton of fund-raising for DRC orphans.  For several months after M told me they were doing this, I had been thinking about the Congo orphans, then finally after hearing our pastor's sermon, it clicked with me.  Maybe we could do this too.

Except that I was scared to death to talk to E about it.  He had just told me a few weeks ago that he was so glad to be done with all our paperwork for Ethiopia.  I just knew he was going to think I'd lost my mind.  Well, after receiving several more signs from God that we should be doing this I got up my nerve and talked to him.  I told him my plan to adopt from the Congo while still pursuing our Ethiopian adoption.  He listened, asked a couple of questions, and then said we should go for it.  I was, and still am giddy!  The last few weeks have been filled with phone calls, paperwork, e-mails, etc. getting everything started. 

We are so, so excited to be going on this adventure that God is leading us through.  We are excited to be starting an adoption that will probably move fairly quickly and we are excited to be able to help the DRC orphans through fundraising.  I am continually amazed at how perfectly God is leading us through all of this!

1 comment:

B-Mama said...

This is joyous news, L! We'll be praying for plans for your "new" little one! ;) I have a good friend from home in Ohio who is also adopting from Ethiopia, so its good to know about timelines taking a lot longer than expected. Blessings to you all. What lucky children you have coming to such a great family!