Last weekend we went camping near Ithaca, New York, and it was cold! Especially at night. E and I sort of have an agreement that I'll go camping as long as I get to pick where we camp. Which usually means I pick somewhere beautiful and/or with a fun town nearby. I was looking at the area near Ithaca because it's supposed to be extremely beautiful and there are quite a few waterfalls to hike to. And then...I found out that the Moosewood Restaurant is in Ithaca. I have been using/reading Moosewood cookbooks for probably ten years. I love these cookbooks. They're mostly vegetarian, but it's interesting, eclectic food. So when I found out that the restaurant that started the cookbooks was in Ithaca, I knew our camping destination. Almost as soon as we rolled into to town we went to Moosewood for lunch. It did not disappoint. We all had a healthy, vegetarian lunch and it was all delicious. Including the brownie for dessert. Yum! If you're ever in Ithaca stop there and eat!
The second day we were there we went on a fairly difficult 3 mile hike and the boys did great. I was sore the next day and they barely complained. So proud of my little hikers.
Some of the waterfalls we hiked to.
No comments:
Post a Comment