Fall Flowers

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Top 10 List, Part 2

I am taking a quick break from packing and cleaning to blog. We are busy, busy trying to get everything done before we fly into Atlanta on Thursday. Packing is a bit of a challenge since we will be living with only this stuff for the next 5-6 weeks. And it's always a challenge trying to clean with two little munchkins "helping." Enough complaining! We are so excited to be moving back to the Great U. S of A! I will try not to burst into song. Not that Germany hasn't been a great experience, but we've really missed some things. So without further ado, here are the Top 10 Things We Are Most Excited About Moving Back To The USA.

1. Being much closer to family and friends. - I will certainly not miss riding on an airplane for 12 hours with toddlers.
2. Target - It's so much more fun to browse the actually store than shopping online.
3. Tex-mex - The Germans just don't really know how to cook Mexican food.
4. Bar-be-cue - Another food craving, the one for E.
5. Steak houses - Also for E.
6. Central air and heating.
7. The exchange rate - The dollar to euro is not so good.
8. Football games will be watched at normal times rather than at 2:00 am.
9. Most people speak English - While a lot of Germans speak a little English, we did have a few mishaps and some confusion at times. It will certainly be nice to not worry if we are being understood or not.
10. Bookstore, with books in English. - Oh how I miss this! As many of you know I love books and so spending an afternoon browsing at a bookstore is one of my favorite outings.

It will probably be awhile before I blog again. We will be spending 2 weeks visiting family, then settling in. Hopefully our stuff will show up early. Okay, back to work!

3 comments:

B-Mama said...

Prayers for your transition and the plane ride with the kids! It sounds like it will be a full one... Hopefully full of sleep and naps! :) Can't wait to get you back here on American soil! Blessings...

Carolina Girl said...

Prayers for safe travel! So you'll be back in the US soon!

Teacher-Mom said...

Awesome Top 10 list- many of those would make the Bradley list as well. I am so excited that you are going to be back! We will be thinking about you as you travel and pray for a safe trip.