Fall Flowers

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Top Ten List

Since we are leaving Germany in a few weeks, I've been thinking about all the things we're going to miss. So here is my top ten list.

1. The beer - This is not one of my favorite things, but E would be so mad if I didn't put it on the list. I think this is what he will miss the most. In fact we may have to find a way to ship it to the States.
2. Recycling is the law here.
3. The Germans' yards - Everyone has the most amazing yards and gardens. Even if they have an apartment they still have pots of flowers everywhere.
4. Trails - There are walking/biking trails everywhere. If you wanted to you could run across the country without having to worry about a car. I think I might miss this the most.
5. Activity/Fresh air - The Germans put a lot of importance on being active and getting fresh air every day. They walk or bike everywhere they can and go outside even if the weather is bad.
6. City Centers - Almost every town and village have cobble-stoned city centers. They usually have outdoor markets here on Saturdays.
7. Peeing in public - This is also one for E. I think the German law states that peeing in public is fine as long as you're not facing the road. I have seen a lot of people urinating here, but it certainly made potty-training a bit easier.
8. Soccer excitement - Lots of horn-honking when the German teams win.
9. Landscape - It is so beautiful here!
10. Backerei/Cafes - One of my other favorite things are the German bakeries. Yummy pastries and coffee.

4 comments:

Carolina Girl said...

With a house full of boys, how can peeing in public NOT be on your list?? lol!
Sounds like you all have had a great time in Germany! What an opportunity for travel this has been for your budding family.

Selfishly...we'll be glad to have you back in the states!

Teacher-Mom said...

Your top ten list makes me want to travel. One of these days... I'm glad that you enjoyed your time in Europe and were able to experience all it has to offer. We are looking forward to having you back here, though!!

B-Mama said...

The peeing in public is one that we would also enjoy!! Today M wanted to pee in our front yard (since Daddy allowed him to do it in our backyard the other day!) What will our new neighbors say?! :) You may have to curtail that habit once you get back to the states... lol. :)
Such fun thoughts and I echo teacher-mom in saying it makes me want to explore Germany in the future!

Anonymous said...

what a hilarious list. miss you guys, and can't wait to have you home! anna